Tuesday, October 12, 2010

My Favorite Health Smoothie

Just wanted to leave a quick post with a recipe for a fruit smoothie that I drink a lot of.  Before I give you the ingredients, I want to talk about how you can make smoothies.  One option is a traditional blender.  This is great if you are making smoothies for more than one person because you can make it big.  The downside is it is big if you only want to make a single serving.  A twist on the blender is a smoothie maker that has a spout on the front.  I have used these and think they are more trouble than they are worth because the spout tends to clog up and it is one more thing that you have to clean.  The last method which I have used and use most often today is a mini blender.  I like the bullet.  Basically it allows you to make single servings and clean up quickly.

Ok, now lets talk about the smoothie.

Start with frozen fruit.  I like strawberries, peaches, and raspberries, but almost anything will work.  Put some of this frozen fruit in the blending unit.  Add liquid to cover up the fruit.  I like white grape juice because it isn't too sweet or strong tasting so the taste of the fruit comes through.  You can use water, but it waters down the taste.  If you want a boost, you can add something like acai berry powder or protein powder to make the smoothie healthier.

Whatever you choose, go make a smoothie and feel good about having something tastey!

No comments:

Post a Comment