Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Danger Lurks in the California Mountains

I have lived in California for just over 6 months now.  I have lived at the 4 corners of the US now from the Canadian Border to the Gulf Cost and the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean.  California has shown itself to be very diverse and have elements of area I have previously lived.  The one unique thing is the diversity of potentiall deadly animals.

The latest in the line if deadly animals to visit our house is a rattlesnake.  There was one in my garage Friday.  I guess it moved into the garage for a little warmth.  Fortunately, I didn't get bit.  We have also had tarantulas, black widows, and scorpions in the house or in the driveway.  My personal favorate was the bobcat that sat just outside the screen door watching my wife and kids do school work on the couch.

There are also bears, coyotes, and mountain lions close by, but so far none of them have visited our house.  Gotta love the variety of dangerous animals.  Just have to keep small children inside the house . . . lol

No comments:

Post a Comment