Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Health Soap Box

I have spent the day in a problem solving training class.  You may ask what does this have to do with a "health soap box", but as I learned today, it doesn't matter how off topic a subject is, if somebody presenting wants to talk about something, there isn't much you will do to stop it.

I normally don't have a problem with people talking about health and wanting to be healthier.  The problem today was the person was so analytical that they competely missed the point.  I know you have to burn more calories than you eat, but there are so many more aspects to health that it can be dangerous to focus on just the numbers.  In fact, one of his examples proved to me that he was off base.  He told us about a professor who ate nothing but Twinkies for a couple months and lost 27 pounds.  To him it was proof that it didn't matter what you ate, it mattered how much.  To me, that says man you can lose weight and still be rediculously unhealthy.

Oh well.  The one thing it did do was give me time to think about a video I wanted to record.  So here is a link to the video.  Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE   Don't worry, it has absolutely nothing to do with health . . . lol

No comments:

Post a Comment